Thursday 1 December 2016

School supervisor accused of molesting two-year-old pupil

Adegboyega Adenekan, a 46-year-old supervisor in Chrisland International School in Victoria Garden City (VGC) Lagos, has been arrested by the police for allegedly defiling a 34 months old girl, under the guise of teaching her sex education.
Commissioner of Police Fatai Owoseni, who paraded him yesterday, said that preliminary investigation showed that the pastor defiled the girl. The victim’s mother, said, “On November 10, I took my daughter to the toilet.
And as I normally do, I warned her not to let anybody touch her ‘wee, wee’ (private parts). Then she said, ‘he put his wee wee in my wee wee.’ I asked who? She said Mr. Adenekan.
She is two years old, but she can describe everything graphically. I got the suspect’s phone number. I called and told him three things – ‘Do not abuse my daughter again; do not threaten my daughter again; and for the psychological balance of my daughter, when you see her, wave at her.’
He said I should tell anybody if I like and that nobody would believe me because he is a pastor. And truly, when I got to the school on Monday, everybody said it could not have happened. He is a supervisor in the primary school section; he has no reason to be in the nursery section. A cleaner in the school told me that my daughter and the man were close.
My doctor checked my daughter and confirmed she had been abused. A government hospital, Mirabel Centre, agreed that she had been abused. She told me so many graphic things that he had done to her. We also subjected Adenekan to a lie detector (polygraph) test and he failed it.
Adenekan, however, denied committing the crime saying: "I have never been alone with this girl. I am calling on the police and other security agencies to do their investigation. I know the God that I serve is going to vindicate me. I am married for 15 years and I have my own children.
This girl comes to school with school bus, from what I have heard, and then goes with her school bus. I am a supervisor in that school. I don’t teach. So the allegation that I teach the children sex education is so disturbing to me."

No comments:

Post a Comment