Saturday 10 December 2016

Hunger would have killed me if I didn’t learn how to rob – Suspect

On Wednesday, while being paraded in Kwara State, Saheed Olanrewaju, a 39-year-old armed robbery suspect, said “SV” a friend of his taught him how to rob because he was about to die of hunger, Punchng reports.
He said: “I met SV in Taiwo area in Ilorin when he taught me how to rob. I regret my action now, but it was hunger that turned me into a robber. I had been starving for long and I realised robbery was the only source of daily bread at the time. If I am eventually freed today, I will never venture into crime again.”
Commissioner of Police in the state, Mr.Olusola Amore, said one locally made pistol was recovered from the suspect, noting that efforts were on to arrest Olanrewaju’s accomplices who are at large.

No comments:

Post a Comment