Tuesday 3 January 2017

Man arrested for allegedly defiling an 11-yr-old girl in the bathroom

Ugochukwu Kingsley, 21, was arrested last November 28, by the police, in Oriwu along Igbogbo Road, Ikorodu, Lagos, for allegedly defiling his 11-year-old neighbor, following a complaint by the girl’s parents that he had had unlawful sexual intercourse with her.
He was accused of entering the bathroom while she was taking her bath. The girl was said to have started bleeding after the act. But, before his arraignment, Kingsley said he had no sexual relations with the girl.
He said: “I didn’t force myself on her. I asked her, she was aware of everything. I didn’t sleep with her but I made an attempt. I didn’t know she was bleeding.” He was arraigned on December 5 before Chief Magistrate O. Oshoniyi on one-count of “unlawful sexual intercourse.”
It was learnt that Kingsley pleaded guilty to the charge. Mrs Oshoniyi ordered that the case file be transferred to the Director of Public Prosecution (DPP) for advice. She remanded Kingsley in Kirikiri. The case was adjourned till January 26. Crdt: The Nation

No comments:

Post a Comment