Monday 9 January 2017

Man hacks his elder brother to death, while asleep, for not giving him pocket money

22-year-old Dominic Ogbaji, an indigene of Cross River State, has been arrested by the Federal Capital Territoty (FCT) Police Command, Abuja, for allegedly killing his elder brother, 32-year-old John Ogbaji, while he was asleep, for not giving him pocket money.
The gruesome incident happened on November 2, 2016, at Ajegunle in Mpape village, FCT Abuja. Dominic came from the village to live with his late elder brother in Abuja, while searching a better source of income.
Prior to relocating to Abuja, Dominic had been a barber but was not earning much and earnestly wanted a change. So John invited him to Abuja. Not long after he came to Abuja, he began to pester the brother to get him a job.
The situation came to a head on the night of November 2, after the two siblings had eaten their dinner. Sepaking, Dominic said: “He was giving me food but not pocket money. Life was so difficult for me, I left my village thinking I would get a job in Abuja.
Then, on the night of November 2, he gave me N60 to buy bread for us to eat and water. Later I told him I wanted to go back to the village and would need about N4000. We ate the bread and later watched television together.
In the middle of the night while he was sleeping, I took a cutlass from under the bed and cut his throat. After killing him, I took N10,000 from his pocket and his phone and ran home, to Cross River. I regret killing him because I was hungry and needed pocket money, so the devil pushed me to the evil thing I did."

No comments:

Post a Comment