Wednesday 10 February 2016

grandma

when I was 12 years old I found myself in the wrong by not going to sleep early that night. I was told by my mother , that I was never allowed to sleep in the same bed (my mother, grandmother and grandfather stayed together as my dad was in the UK) with my grandma at night by myself. I heard from somebody she crossed paths with a bad spirit but nobody would tell me much about it as I was only 12! I didn't give it much thought though as my grandmother loved me a lot and I always wanted to be around her more than my mom.
This day I remember very clearly even thought if was a long time ago as the events that happened just pinned to me as a child. I recall my grandmother telling my grandad that her chest felt heavy and she wasn't feeling too well. My mom kept me close by her side during that day and as a child I didn't think much of it. My grandmother layed it bed all day. I was watching TV with my grandad. It was around 11pm. My mom suddenly called on my grandad to come quickly and I followed behind. I saw my my mom struggling to hold down my grandmothers hands. Her hair was all over the place and her eyes were scarily wide open. My grandad went and held down one hand and my mother took the other. She (grandmother) started stomping her feet on the bed violently. I was terrified and curled up next to my mom. She did seven things. I remember counting. First she started laughing, in a deep voice that in no way a woman could do by herself. She did this continually for 5 minutes while swearing out at my mom and grandad. Next she started moving her eyeballs all over the place and gritting her teeth. They were big. Then she started crying, in a child's voice she cried and cried just as a little girl would. Then she started started swearing again and threating that she would destroy the whole family and kill everyone. Next she (or the thing) started shouting. It was a rural area and everybody was asleep so nobody heard. The other two things she did I cannot remember but this lasted till about 12:30am and all the while my mom and grandpa was trying to stop me from crying and also trying to handle my grandmother.
When the seven stages stopped it was as if something left her body and my real grandmother came back alive. When she woke she had no clue about what had happened and was just confused. I couldn't sleep without the lights on and my mom right beside me for a week stright. I was terrified.
Recently as I'm older I found out that this started happening to her after a year of getting married to my grandfather and at the start this would happen 4-5 times a year. Sone times she would be found walking into the woods and wouldn't respond when someone called her name. One time somebody caught her walking into the river in the evening and had most of her body immersed in water was going deeper until the guy called her and realised what was happening and had to get people to pull her out the water. It slowly decreased happening and it's not happened to her in the last 5 years. She's in her late 70's now.

No comments:

Post a Comment