Monday 28 November 2016

After collecting ransom, kidnappers kill 72- year-old retired principal

Chief Festus Sunday was murdered in Bayelsa State, after kidnappers collected ransom from his family. He was abducted from his residence at Gbonibiri community, on November 14 at about 3.45pm.
His remains were, however, recovered at Azaama creeks.
The victim’s son, Pamiebi Sunday, a lawyer, who shed tears, described his father as a peaceful man saying he never deserved a violent death.
Narrating the incident, he said: “I was in Abuja when I received a call that kidnappers had come to abduct my father. I came down and waited to get contact from them. But there was no contact until the 18th.
They called me and said they were in custody of my father that I should bring N500m to them. I told them I didn’t have that kind of money. About two days ago, they came down to something reasonable that I could afford.
So, because of the love I have for my father, I paid the ransom. They collected the ransom and told us where they kept my father. When the people I sent got there, it was my father’s corpse they saw. They killed my father and collected their ransom.” Crdt: The Nation

No comments:

Post a Comment