Sunday 16 October 2016

I was arrested because I granted bail to Dasuki and Nnamdi Kanu- Justice Ademola

One of the 7 judges arrested by the State Security Service, SSS, last weekend, Adeniyi Ademola, has accused the Attorney General of the Federation(AGF), Abubakar Malami, of being behind his ordeal.
He said the immediate reason for his arrest was his decision to grant bail to Sambo Dasuki, Nnamdi Kanu. But he cited a longstanding friction with Malami as a reason too.
In his letter to the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Mahmud Mohammed, Ademola said he was assaulted by the SSS operatives. He also linked his arrested to the assumption that he used his office to secure his wife’s appointment as the Head of Civil Service Lagos State through Mr. Bola Tinubu.
He said about 45 operatives of SSS stormed his residence and whisked him away in the dead of night, without telling him his offenses or presenting a warrant of arrest. In the letter, he added that: “What is more intriguing in this whole episode is that I see it as a vendetta/revenge from Malami.
Whilst I was in Kano between 2004-2008 as a Federal High Court judge, he was involved in a professional misconduct necessitating his arrest and detention by my order. However, with the intervention of NBA, Kano Branch, the allegation was later withdrawn by me.
Consequently, the NJC referred him to the NBA Disciplinary Committee for disciplinary action. It was as a result of this he was denied the Rank of SAN for a period of 4 years until when he produced a fake letter of apology, purportedly addressed to me.
Since then, he has threatened to revenge and swore to do anything to bring me down.” Ademola denied the allegations against him. He said he was presented with a list of items that were found in his home which could be used as exhibits, but he initially declined to sign the paper.
“They threatened me if I did not sign it they would not leave me alone and whatever they did to me at that point would be recorded that I will not be alive to tell the story. For fear and interest of my life, and unknown persons with masks on their faces, I collected the written items and signed the document,” Ademola said.

No comments:

Post a Comment