Monday 14 November 2016

Lady narrates her police brutality experience

She wrote: "On d 9th of November 2016, i went to d South African Embassy at Lobito Crescent in Abuja to submit my documents for visa, afta which i stepped out to find out dat policemen were raiding d area and rounding up illegal visa solicitors dat hang around.
At dat moment, a policeman on muphty slapped me several tyms, pushed me to d gate n asked me why i wud jst be walking freely lyk dat! I showed him my visa fee page as evidence dat i wasnt part of wat was going on, n asked him why he will just assault me lyk dat.
He den told d oda uniformed police man with him to take my visa fee page, since i now have mind to be asking him questions. D uniform police man snatched my documents from me entered his van n was bout to drive off, then i started recording n demanding dat my documents be released to me.
In d process, policemen jumped out of d van, siezed my fone, hit me with d butt of the gun, dragged my by my trouser lyk a criminal, handcuffed me n roughly shoved me into dere van, despite pleas from passers-by, and took me to dere police station at Zone 2.
At d police station, d policeman who hit me with d butt of his gun told his boss dat i was arrested because i was videotaping and dat i scratched his arm while i was resisting arrest, which was a lie, dey ddnt evn care to listen to my own side of d story.
All d boss asked me to do was to delete d evidence before dey let me go, i refused and was kept in d station till 8pm. He kept my fone till i came bk d next day with my lawyer, opened d fone, and with sheer luck, he cudnt find d video n let me go.
I have neva had an altecation with d police, buh dis is by far d worst thing dat has happened to me. D injustice, d humiliation! I jst want justice! I want an apology from Zone 2 police station Abuja! D police av no right to treat innocent Nigerians d way dey treated me!
Typically, some Nigerians kip telling me to leave evrything to God, i av prayed n fasted dat God heal me from d trauma dese incident has caused me! Buh i will kip pushing dis till atleast i get an apology from d police. Dats d only justice i nid!" Crdt:@porsche_n_j_n

No comments:

Post a Comment