Friday 1 July 2016

The Maternity Ward Ghost In A Pink Gown

Location:South Africa
My previous story was about a haunted hospital in Pretoria. That was a Hospital where I started my nursing training. I took a transfer to Witbank in my second year to be near my family. I worked in that Hospital for a few years. This is just a short history. I worked in almost all the wards. There are always stories about ghosts and stuff in every hospital. I never experienced anything strange except in the maternity ward. I worked night shift there for three years. I just want to give you a layout first.
The ward was separate from the main hospital but connected by long corridors with dim lights to the main hospital. When entering the maternity ward you go through a wooden door then there is a long passage in front of you. I would say at least hundred meters. From where you enter you get a small waiting room on your left. On the opposite of the waiting room there is a square meter with three doors leading to a toilet, a sluice, an examining room and an old small delivery room. We only used that delivery room when there was no other choice. It was like an emergency delivery room for if the main delivery room was occupied and another woman want to deliver her baby on the same time as the women in the main delivery room. That part of the hallway was creepy. It forever felt as if you had to pass that part very fast as if someone was chasing you down the passage. When past the waiting room and the old delivery room there is another small area with a sink and buckets in where we washed the used baby bottles for the cleaners to take to the milk kitchen for sterilization and refilling on the left. Further on there is a courtyard with nothing in it except gravel and drains on the left. The baby room follows on the left side and the duty room on the right side. Further on you get the big delivery room and the kitchen and then the wards on the end of the hallway right and left.
One night I took the diet list to the front desk in the main hospital like we always did. When I returned I passed the waiting room. I saw a patient sitting there waiting. She was not in labour because she was calm and just sitting there waiting. Her face was peaceful. I looked at her but she didn't look back as if she was sitting there to pass time. It was between two and three o'clock. I realized as I walked pass the waiting room that she didn't look familiar and I wondered about whom it could be. It was busy that night so I went straight to the duty room to consult the sister in charge about that lady. She had a pink gown on. What was strange though was it was a winter gown but it was summer? She had dark straight hair hanging on her shoulders. Her skin was pale.
It was just me and the sister on duty and she looked surprised because according to her there was nobody for admission and all the patients were sleeping. The sister told me not to be afraid because she won't harm anyone. She is a ghost wondering maternity ward for ages. I only saw her once in the three years. Nobody could tell me who she was or what happened to her.
This story stays a mystery for me and my colleges.
Source:yourghoststories

No comments:

Post a Comment