Saturday 2 July 2016

Savannah Ghost Tour

Location:South Carlona United States
If you haven't read Juliette Gordon Low's House, then this won't make sense. Please read that first. So, after we left Juliette Gordon Low's House, I was relieved. I couldn't have been happier! We drove back to the hotel to rest and then went out to dinner a little later.
After dinner, we went on the ghost tour. We found the place we were supposed to meet up at, and started to walk to our first house. The house that sits on 432 Abercorn Street is abandoned, but has two dead residents still living in the home.
The tour guide told us the story which went something like this:
Benjamin Wilson built his home on 432 Abercorn Street in Savannah, Georgia sometime in the 1800s. (I think the late 1800s to be exact) He had a daughter that lived in his house with him. (I don't remember the tour guide mentioning a wife or siblings) In the square across the street from his house, children would play from the school next door. His daughter, naturally would want to play with the kids in the square. Benjamin Wilson forbid his child to do this because they were "Upper Class" and the kids across the street were in the lower class.
Of course, being the child she was, his daughter decided to play with the kids despite her father's orders. When Mr. Wilson found out his child disobeyed him, there was punishment. This next part is gruesome and makes me sick to my stomach, in fact my stomach is churning right now.
Benjamin tied his daughter to a chair and placed it in an upstairs window facing the square. She was to sit there and watch the kids play until he would come back in and un-tie her from the chair.
He didn't come back for three days. By the time he walked into the room three days later, his daughter was dead in the chair from dehydration.
Benjamin Wilson regretted what he did to his daughter for the rest of his life, and never left the house. His daughter never left either.
When the tour guide finished his story, we were all in shock. He told us we could go look through the mail slot in the door to get a peek at the house. That was one thing I wish I hadn't done.
I opened the mail slot in the door, and it squeaked in my doing so. I looked in the hallway, and my eyes flew over to the staircase. All of a sudden I had this rush of hate, pity, sorrow, and sadness. I walked away from the mail slot almost in tears.
I ran down the steps and received a lot of questioning looks from the rest of the people on the tour. I was shaking violently. I stood by my mother until it was time to move on. If you're thinking this was my big experience on this ghost tour, it wasn't and it is coming up next.
When everyone had their share of looking into the mail slot, they started to follow the tour guide across the street to the next house. My mom, my sister, and an older lady were trailing behind. I heard the lady say to my mom, "Hey, look do you see that in the window?" I remembered what the tour guide had said earlier, that some people had actually seen the girl in the window when on the tour. I turned around as fast as I could, totally forgetting the mail slot incident.
I walked over to my mom, sister, and the lady and looked into the windows. I saw nothing. I turned to my mom and said much too loudly, "What? I don't see anything. There is nothing there!" Boy, was I wrong.
I turned back to the window, and all of a sudden, the girl was there. It happened very quickly, she was there for a second, then gone. I remember losing my breath, and stumbling in the grass saying, "Oh my God, I did not just see that." The girl had long hair, and was wearing a dress like they did in the olden days. Her eyes, well they were just white circles. I know that probably sounds really creepy, but in that moment, I wasn't scared at all. I was just in a daze, and was about to faint.
My sister saw the same thing I did, but my mother saw a white outline in the window. The girl didn't look angry or mad, she just looked really sad and lonely.
That night, I was so scared I slept with the hotel room light on. I forgot to add that when my sister went and looked through the mail slot, she saw an angry man sitting on the stairs. I had sensed him before, but didn't get to see him. I haven't been back to Savannah, GA since, but I have made a vow.
One day, when I am older, I will go back to Savannah. I plan on setting that girl's soul free. Not just her, but her father too. It is time they moved on and forget the past that is holding them there. I am crying as I write this because this story makes me so sad.
Source:yourghoststories

No comments:

Post a Comment