Saturday 2 July 2016

Purchased A Haunted Home

Location:Maryland United States
It all started when my wife and I purchased our first home in Pasadena, Maryland in June of 2005. Nothing out of the ordinary happened in the first couple of months other than our cats wouldn't go into the basement and the smell of heavy perfume and the smell of cigarette smoke in our bed room, to which my wife would ask me if I was smoking in the house. And the answer was always NO!
Fast forward to August of the same year. The cats finally like the basement due to the fact that their food bowls now reside on my work bench. Just a note. The basement was finished and turned into a home theater room by the previous owner, with the laundry room and work bench in the unfinished part.
It was around 3 or so in the afternoon. I came home early from work to hook up a game console to the theater system. I was the only soul in the house or so I thought. I was behind the entertainment center when I looked up and saw a man walk down the stairs and across the basement to the other side, where there was a door to the unfinished side.
He was an older looking man about 60-70 years of age. He wore tan work pants with a blue flannel shirt and a brown hat. It kind of freaked me out but I thought nothing of it and went about my business. I surely didn't mention this to my wife.
About a month later I had a friend move in with us. Him and I would hang out in the basement and watch TV and stuff all night. We would kind of make a mess that my wife would always ask us to clean up every night. Joking we would say, "why don't you ask the guy who lives down here to clean it up". Not the smartest thing I have ever said to my wife.
Needless to say, things went south with my friend and he moved back to Texas in October.
I eventually told my wife what I had seen that day in August down in the basement. And she was a little concerned. I told her that it won't hurt you and not to worry about it.
I never told anybody about this except my wife. In November my brother came to visit. We all were out back BBQing and having a good time. My brother asked me what was going on in his room and I said, why? I looked up and there were lights floating around his room. I then went on to tell him about the guy in the basement and that his room is directly over the spot in the basement where the guy vanished.
My wife and I eventually stopped going down to the basement except to feed the cats and do the laundry, we never went down there alone any more. Call us scared?
We bought a TV and made the living room our new TV room. I remember my cats and dog would always watch something move around the room. At the time I knew very little of the super natural knowledge animals had.
The last thing I remember happening that still freaks me out to this day; was the dog bone incident.
We keep our dog gated in our room at night so he wouldn't bother the cats. One night I was awoken by him barking and growling as if someone had broken in the house. I immediately grabbed my pistol and flash light to sweep the house. As I steeped over the gate there was a dog biscuit in the middle of the hallway. How it got there was beyond my recognition, as we keep the dog treats above the sink in the cabinet. And if it was there before we went to bed the dog would have found it!
We couldn't sell the house so we rented it out. I never asked any of the tenants if they had any happening in the house. Because I didn't want to scare them away. We finally had to fore-close on the house.
I wish I still owned the house because I would love to find out what happened there.
I think we were followed! My wife and I moved to a 2 bedroom apartment in Naperville, Illinois in 2009. Lovely place nice and bright.
When we lived there money was very tight. We used to give the dog Goldfish snack crackers as treats. Because they were a lot cheaper than regular dog treats.
One morning I was running behind so instead of giving the dog his usual snack I grabbed a handle full of cat food. I proceeded to get ready, about 15 minutes later I heard my dog growl. Thinking nothing of it I went about my business. As I came into the kitchen to my surprise there was a red goldfish snack cracker on the floor in the middle of the kitchen. I picked it up and tried to give it to my dog and he wouldn't eat it.
I stood there in the kitchen pondering what had happened and out of the corner of my eye I saw a black mist shoot out of the laundry room. That is the first and last time anything happened in the apartment.
I'm currently living in Iraq working with KBR. My wife has moved to her home town in eastern Pa. I hear my dog barking and growling all the time when I call her on the phone. I ask her what he is barking at. And she reply's nothing, he's lying on the couch.
I can't wait to get home and see what awaits me...
Source:yourghoststories

Note:for all time updates follow me on twitter @dora_eze and Facebook @Ebby Eze

No comments:

Post a Comment