Monday 30 May 2016

1900 haunted house

Our home was a large Duplex built in approx 1900 & it was built by the town mill to house the workers. My grandfather worked for the mill & bought the house somewhere in the 50's-60's when my grandfather passed on in the late 60's my family came to live on one side and my grandmother lived on the other until her death in the 80's.
Myself & 4 siblings shared the apartment with our parents and one by one, my siblings went to college, got married etc... And they all moved away. Me being the youngest, decided to stay with mom & dad, live the single life & have fun for a bit. My dad passed on in 1995, so my mom & I lived alone until I met Mrs wonderful in 1997. We got married a short time later and stayed with my mom until her passing in 1998.
All went well for awhile & then we started noticing things like things just plain disappearing and later they would reappear in the same spot in which they were put!
A few years later I started renovating the other side of the house & the tenants mentioned hearing things like footsteps etc... I just passed it up as being my grandparents "checking up" on the place & told the tenants not to worry as they were very nice people in life.
Awhile later, we ended up moving to the other side as our side was in need of renovations & we heard noises and had lights,TV's,lamps etc... Turn on by themselves & often in pictures you can see "orbs" hovering over whomever is in the pics.
Well, the renovations never took place as the state passed a bunch of strict lead paint laws & between the needed repairs & the fast rising property taxes (4200.00 a year) we decided enough is enough and had my brother put it on the market.
One question I have is, should I tell the new owner about this or just wait to see if they bring it up? As I said, whatever is there never bothered anyone but will it be different if somebody new is there?
yourghoststories

No comments:

Post a Comment