Monday 30 May 2016

Voodoo

In 2007, one morning in March my mom woke up as usual around 6 am and got about her work. She finished brushing her teeth and was coming out of the bathroom when she slipped and fell. It was not a dangerous fall or anything major. But since she did fall she screamed. Me and my sister came running down our rooms which are upstairs. My dad had gone for his morning walk as usual, so we came down to find her on the floor near the bathroom door. We panicked, and tried to help her up but she was unable to get up at all. I asked what happened and she said she slipped, and that it was not a big deal but now she is not able to get up. So with a lot of difficulty my sister and me picked her up and laid her down on the bed. It looked like she was still in shock or something because she could not believe that a fall like that would make her unable to walk.
We made sure she was comfortable, and waited for my dad. Once my dad got home we called the Ortho (Doc) and asked him to visit us at home as my mom was now complaining about pain in her hip. The Ortho came, checked and did not seem to understand but suggested a scan. So the next day we took her to the hospital; and got all the scanning done. Meanwhile she was on painkillers until the report came out. Ortho informed us that there was no visible damage or reason for the pain that she was undergoing. By now it was weeks since the fall, and my mom was getting very worried.
I will de track from this story a bit to give some information on the events in February which has relevance to this situation. My mom has a cousin who stays in a nearby town, she is not someone we all like and she is not very good at heart mainly because the family is into the dark sides of the supernatural world. I mean this lady believes in black magic and stuff like that. We are not on great terms with the family but yes we used to invite them over if there was a function or family event. One weekend in Feb she arrived at our house with her son and daughter in law. She said she wanted my dad to help her son get a job in the city. My parents are really nice people, they believe if we can do something good and if it's in our limits let's try. So my dad told her he would try. She arrived at our house like an abnormal, but since she was here with her family we let them stay that weekend. All the three of them stayed in a guest room upstairs for the weekend. They all left on Sunday evening and we all forgot about the visit.


Coming back to my main story, so at this point my sister and me started to wonder if that lady had probably done something. We went upstairs and started to just check the whole room they had stayed in. We pulled everything out and started to search for anything that did not belong there. After looking through the whole room we found nothing, at this point the caretaker of our house (he is a distant relative but was helping us during my mom's illness) came upstairs and suggested we also go through the cabinets above the wardrobe where we store a lot of useless stuff. I climbed up on a chair and opened the first cabinet which was empty and there was pretty much nothing except dust and few crumpled pieces of paper and waste. Then I saw something, there was a piece of wood, about 3" long and ½ inch in width. It was rolled in with a piece of black cloth and there were some strands of hair and a paper put in with it. I freaked out as it seemed weird. I asked the caretaker to sweep the whole thing on to a dustpan.
When he got it down, we saw a ball of my mom's hair (she has curly long hair unlike my sister and me who have straight and short hair) and a piece of her petticoat wound up on to the wood. Also the piece of paper had dates starting from the day my mom fell until April 12th. The dates were random, I did not understand on calculations of the dates marked, but it seemed like her falling ill and getting worse would all end with something bad on April 12th. We went outside and burned the whole thing. My sister was in the house and she said she sensed a strong smell of hair being burnt after we came back. All of this was very disturbing; we told our dad when he got home.
We turned to a priest, who is a great friend of my dad. We told him about the situation and he said we did a good thing by burning it outside the house. He came over and blessed the house one day after we had told him.
My mom got better and completely recovered in about a month. We did not mention any of this to her until one day. And she took the news amazingly well. She also mentioned that during those days she had had sensed very big levels of fear and always felt like someone was there even when none of us were around. Luckily we were able to get past the experience and today we hardly ever think of it.
That lady is no more welcome to our house and we have completely cut her and her family out of our lives.

yourghoststories

No comments:

Post a Comment