Monday 27 June 2016

Mama’s Boy


“When I was pregnant with my second son, we were living in Ft. Hood, TX. I lived next to a fellow army family with a four-month-old son, and one day the husband came home to find his wife not breathing. He called 911, but she passed away a few days later.
During the time she slowly died, I watched the couple’s baby while the father was at the hospital. Weird things would happen, but I didn’t think much of it YET because the mother was still alive, and it didn’t even cross my mind that it could be her.
A couple days after she died, I was keeping the baby overnight as his dad was having a REALLY hard time. That night sooooo many weird things happened. I had the baby asleep in a crib that was already set up for my son (who I was still pregnant with) because I had nowhere else for him to sleep safely. Later on, I heard him cry on the monitor and when I woke up to get him, he was LITERALLY fast sleep. No whimpers, NOTHING. When I laid back down, the little bears on a mobile attached to a bassinet in my room started to move round and round. And I ‘felt’ her watching me.
I tried to go back to sleep but couldn’t because I kept hearing stuff on the monitor, either the baby crying or a woman whispering or the mobile swinging. About an hour later, the baby did wake up, and I sat in the glider next to the crib in my son’s soon-to-be nursery. I seriously felt her watching me again. It was the weirdest thing, and I swear it’s like she was making sure I did what she would have done. I couldn’t help it, I just started to cry. Not only were my prego hormones going crazy, but I was holding a baby who had just lost his mama.
He ate and fell back asleep, and I placed him back in the crib and returned to my room. Again, the bears started swinging. Needless to say, the weirdness of the night kept coming. I finally went and just picked the baby up and held him for the rest of the night. Nothing else happened. I still think that’s what she wanted all along. She wanted me to hold him.”- “Pregnancy and Sensitivity to Ghosts?

No comments:

Post a Comment