Sunday 26 June 2016

The Mirror

Location:Malaysia
Having done with my secondary school, I went to KL to study with C in a college in Setapak.
The first thing we did when we reached KL was to look for accommodation. Being students, we tried to find cheaper accommodation and few days looking for it, we managed to find 1 that costs us RM500 per month in Wangsa Maju. It is in the flat housing area (4-story high if my memory serves me well as this incident happened approximately 7 years ago and I left KL shortly as a college drop out) next to Alpha and Beta Condo. Everything looked fine and it is only about 15 minutes walk from LRT, so we decided to take it.
Day 1: Nothing happened.
Day 2: Nothing happened.
(Probably we were too tired of moving in and cleaning up. Finally it is all over.)
Day 3: When I woke up in the morning, I noticed that my mirror was in the bathroom (I like that particular mirror because of its design). Strange because I remember well that I placed it on top of the fridge in our living room the night before. I asked my housemate, C whether she moved it but she said: "no, I went to bed earlier than you, and I did not wake up until now." Well, I thought maybe I was too tired after 2 days cleaning and moving things in that I forget where actually I put it the night before. I took the mirror out from the bathroom and put it on top of the fridge again.
Day 4: Again, the mirror is in the bathroom. I got really suspicious. I asked C again: "Did you..." I pointed at the mirror. She looked at me, blank. I took it out again and put the mirror on where it is supposed to be again.
Same thing happened for a few days. Finally I told C that "Please stop doing this. I am sick of it. You think this is fun, but I don't think so." C was quite angry after I said that and she insisted she never touched it. C then left for class.
Could it be something else living with us, and since the rental is so cheap... I decided to find out.
I went to my neighbor and knocked at the door. A "makcik" showed up and with a smile. "So you are our new neighbor. That unit had been vacant for almost a year". I then asked the "makcik" is there a particular reason for it? "My son, you must be new. About a year ago, there was an Indian guy rented this unit. One day, people found him dead in that unit. He hung himself in the living room."
Thinking back, probably he did want to see his own reflection on the mirror that I put on the fridge in the living room... We moved out a few days after.
Source;yourghoststories

No comments:

Post a Comment