Friday 24 June 2016

Out Of Body Experience

Location: Minnesota United States
Ever had an out of body experience? It happened to me in the early eighties when I was not even trying. It was a cloudless, sunny, warm, summer day, when I was returning home from work. I was dead tired and just wanted to take a nap. I would not normally waste a day sleeping when it was this nice, but that day sleep took over. As I pulled up in my driveway, I saw a truck back by the chicken shed. I forgot the landlord told me he had a guy coming over to redo the roof. I did not see him as he was on the other side of the roof pounding nails with his hammer. He was out of sight, but I thought "Great! I have to try and sleep with that noise."
I entered the house and went down stairs to my apartment. It was a small house with the basement as a rental. I went in the bedroom and put on a pair of shorts, turned on the fan and pulled the sheet only over me on the bed. I closed my eyes and tried to sleep with the continuing hammering. It was ten to four on my clock and that's when my journey began. I was lying on my back all stretched out when I felt my eyes begin to pull upward to my brain. My eyes felt like they were fluttering, and then I felt the tension build up in my body. It was the oddest feeling. My legs and arms began to tighten up and flex, as well as my stomach muscles. I was so tense, but in reality I was completely relaxed. I know this is physically impossible, but there I was experiencing both sensations as I laid there. I could still hear the noise outside and this may have contributed to what was happening. Then I felt myself get out of bed and walk out of the room. At this point I realized I may be dreaming, but it felt different. It dawned on me I may be experiencing my first O.B.E, but I was not sure. I never heard of anyone experiencing the tense/relaxed feeling. And I did not look back at my body, which is common to look back, with experiences that I have read.
I noticed the living room was just as it is, and not distorted as in a dream. I went over to the office window and looked out. The sunlight was different looking somehow. I then believed I was out of my body. My consciousness was floating about. I kept hearing the pounding, so I thought I would have a little fun. I felt as if I was floating more that walking through my apartment. I left my door open and walked up the steps. I'm not sure how I got through the back door, but I was outside the house and was astounded by the feel and look of the sun around me. It was like I could see more in the air than normal. The feel of the sun was more comforting. This was a feeling and sight I have never experienced before. I saw the man working on the shed. He was on my side and I could see him. He was an older man. He had gray, short hair and beard. He was heavy set and wearing a red shirt and denim overalls. I floated out to him and was right beneath him. He looked in my direction and acted like he didn't see me. I started laughing. He did not hear me. I realized then that this is for real. I am astral traveling. How cool as that? I then yelled at him saying. "Hey! Could you hold down the damn noise? I am trying to sleep downstairs." He did not respond. He turned again to get more shingles and he was facing me, still not seeing me. Then I started to do cartwheels and make funny noises. There was no response. This was amazing to me. The most awesome feeling.
Then I heard a truck pulling up and knew it was my landlord. I raced back to the house in a panic. I'm not sure why. But he usually knocks on my door, and for some reason and I felt I needed to get back to my body. I went to my office and saw the truck with him getting out. I closed my eyes and wished to get back to my body, but it did not work. I started to panic. Maybe I will never get back. Just then I felt my body unwind and my arms and legs being released from the tension, and straightening out of the ball shape I was in. My eyes began to flutter again and I opened them. I was in bed. As I started out, I looked at the clock and read four. Ten minutes have passed by, like it was in real time.
I bolted out of bed in a feeling of utopia. I could not believe what I just experienced. How could I prove it? I felt like I just got eight hours of sleep, very refreshed and excited. I could hear the pounding of the roofer outside, and remembered that I have not seen him until my experience. So there was my proof. The landlord had left, he was just there to get the garbage, and did not bother me. I went outside and saw the man. He was exactly the same as I saw him. The same clothes and size. I couldn't believe it. He then saw me and waved at me. The first time he saw me. I waved back, and shook my head in disbelief. The sun had its normal feeling to me, as usual. I knew I had experienced something most people would never have happen.
I wish now I would have gone back to tell the guy what just happened. But, instead I went back in and grabbed a beer and wrote this experience down, so I would never forget the fresh details. I have always wanted to experience this again, and after over twenty years later, I never have. I was around 25 years old then. I have to wonder if that man felt like someone was with him at the time, or watching him. Guess I will never know now. I do very much believe in the O.B.E.
Source;yourghoststories

No comments:

Post a Comment