Saturday 25 June 2016

My Lover

Location:Phillipines
When you get married, you always give a vow to each other that you will love one another until death you part. Well, I am not married, but this word makes sense to me, since I experienced that love really continues, until death.
I met Noel when I was in high school. He is not the typical "boy next door" teenager. He was quiet, smart, and a middle looking guy (not so handsome but not even ugly). I found him attractive, with that attitude. I found it challenging to talk to him, and make him my friend. I succeeded. We became very good friends, and best friends. Two years passed we became attracted to each other, and become lovers. They say when you and your best friend became lovers, your relationship will go really great. I agree to that! Our relationship was the best that I had since I meet him. I can say to myself, that I loved him so much and he felt the same way too.
We went to the same college and took the same courses. We were always together and did everything together. We were the best pals. From morning until evening we were with each other. He was the sweetest guy I ever had a relationship with. Everyday he put a small heart shape love letter in my notes, which I only saw when I was going to use my notebook. He never forgot our anniversary, he called me every night, even we were together the whole day.
I will never forget the day September 26, 2004. He called me on the phone that night, and said he couldn't talk to me for long because he felt very sick. I said "It's alright, and take some rest." Before he hung-up the phone he said " Mahal, remember I love you truly, and even death will never stop me from loving you".
I smiled when I heard that, but deep inside, I was asking why I felt hurt when he said that. It was really sweet, but I felt sad because of what he said.
That night I slept very pleasantly, until felt something was holding my cheek. It was so cold. Then a mild whisper, "Mahal...". Recognizing the voice, I stood up with all sweat, while trying to catch my breath. It was weird because I cried very hard. The reason. I don't know.
I felt very sad, as if someone had left me. I tried to go back to sleep after crying for almost an hour. When I woke up, I was wondering why Noel didn't give me any mobile messages (he usually text-ed me every morning). When I went downstairs, my mother was sitting at the table. She had a worried look on her face, and told me to sit down. Then she said "Noel's sister called this morning. She said last night, Noel was rushed to hospital because of very high fever. After two hours, he died because of the high fever."
I felt very bad, and vomited because of what I heard. I couldn't believe that he was dead, and the voice I heard that last night was him.
Even until now I feel him beside me sometimes. I feel soft hands touching me when I am sleeping. I found small heart shaped love letters in my notebook (I am really not sure if those were new, or some of the love letters he kept in my notes when he is still with me. I do not know yet). When I am walking alone, I feel I have someone with me. Even now, while writing this story, I feel his presence beside me. I know he keeps his promise "I will continue loving you even if death comes."
I still cry every time I remember him. This might be not really be a ghost story, but a love story instead, but I am happy to share it with you guys. Thank you for reading.
~Michelle~
Source;yourghoststories

No comments:

Post a Comment