Saturday 25 June 2016

Managing A Haunted Hotel

Location: Pennsylvania United States
This event took place in Bucks County, PA. I was the operations manager for a Marriott hotel at the time. I had been working there for probably 4 months or so at the time. I was mainly in charge of our house keeping and maintenance staff, ensuring that the rooms / grounds were in peak condition at all times.
One afternoon I was making my rounds, checking behind house keeping making sure everything was to standard. I was on the third floor about mid way down the hall when I stepped out of room 312. I had just checked off on my clipboard VR (vacant ready) when I lifted my head and looked to my left. Staring straight at me about 2 doors down was a man. He was leaning out of the threshold of room 320. He was only visible from his belly area up. Our eyes met. Just as quickly as I had seen him and we made eye contact, he darted back in to the threshold and was gone.
I guess I wouldn't have thought too much about it (just a weird guest) but my rooms report had that room listed as VD (vacant dirty). I figured maybe a guest had decided to maybe stay over and just hadn't notified my front desk letting them know so. I walked down to the room, knocked and identified myself twice. NO ANSWER. I knocked once more and identified myself and opened the door. IT WAS IN FACT VACANT! I know that was the room I had seen 'him' peaking out of. It certainly creeped me out a smidge but hey, what can you do? It was a hotel after all.
My house keeping staff was entirely Hispanic and only one spoke decent English, my house keeping manager. I went up to the 4th floor where my staff was and pulled Lourdes aside and tried to explain to her what I saw. She immediately grabbed a couple of the other house keepers and explained to them in Spanish what I had told her. The three of them looked at each other and smiled. They obviously knew something I didn't.
Lourdes explained to me that on more than one occasion the girls would tell her of experiences on the 3rd floor. I was told that before the construction of the hotel and Burger King next door, a graveyard had been moved so maybe that could be the reason? Who knows? It seems like after that initial encounter I would experience weird things such as my PBX console alerting me to a 911 call being made from a room - on the third floor. Of course though, each time, the room would not be occupied. I would always run up there just be sure and each time the room would be frigid.
Anyways, I thought I'd share another with you all. It's not very exciting I know but that experiences with all the others have helped my understanding of the after life.
Peace and Love
Source:yourghoststories

No comments:

Post a Comment