Wednesday 1 June 2016

Not Mom

I woke up one Thursday unable to go back to sleep. I didn't bother to check the time because I was sure that it was almost time for school. Facing my wall I laid in my bed waiting for my mom to come in and wake me up for school. Suddenly, I heard my door open. I was sure it was my door because my door is made of metal and makes a big clanking noise when you touch it. Footsteps neared my bed, but I didn't turn around because I was sure it was my mom.
Then I felt someone sit on my bed, I could feel the person's weight on my bed and their body on my legs. I closed my eyes tight and hoped that my mom would let me sleep a little longer... But she did not say anything. After about one minute of sitting there the person got up. The weight lifted off and I heard more footsteps and finally my door closing again. I went back to sleep and when I woke, it was because my mom had come to wake me.
I asked her about the night... If she had come in... She said she hadn't gotten up all night, still confused I asked my dad; he had not gotten up either. So then I knew that something else was in my room that night. Still, my cousin spent the night a few weeks later he slept on the living room couch.
In the morning he told us that he felt someone sit on the couch while he lay awake in the middle of the night. Unlike me, he turned to see what it was. He said he saw a dark silhouette sitting on the couch. He wrapped himself in the covers and hoped to sleep again. Freaky!
youtghoststories

No comments:

Post a Comment