Wednesday 1 June 2016

Ghost Farmer

I grew up in Lisle, IL. It is a smaller suburb compared to Naperville and other surrounding burbs. In the 30s it was a farming community. My grandparents, like most of the growing community members, had a house built during the 50s. My parents and I moved in with them around 1984, when I was an infant. I resided there with my parents and grandparents until I was 18.
Around the age of 12 was my first experience. I had stepped into the shower. Our bathroom window looked out onto the backyard. We had a shed with a small porch light, a swing and some small flowerbeds scattered in the yard. Roughly 5 minutes into the shower, I looked out the window. I saw an older looking man, thin, dressed in overalls and holding some sort of tool. He looked tired and his eyes seemed empty. Almost sad. He looked right at me without flinching. It was not the steam from the shower or any kind of fog/smoke outside. The shed light was off. All of my family were indoors.
I looked at him for what felt like forever, in reality maybe 20 seconds. I remember kind of gasping and taking a step back from the window. Then he was gone. I finished my shower. Explained what happened to my father in the hall. He went outside. Checked everything... garage... shed... behind the shed. Nothing. I was told I probably saw fog or something.
A few nights later, I was getting ready to make a phone call in my parent's room. Their phone was by the window that looked over the side of the house... First floor. My father was putting away something in his dresser behind me. I started to dial, waited for the other end to answer. While waiting I looked out the window, there was the "farmer" again. Dressed the same... Sad eyes etc. I gasped; my father turned around and saw him too. He stood there looking at us. I of course had forgotten about my phone call, and turned to my father. Turn back to the window he was gone. The only thing I saw was my father frantically running along the side of the house with the flashlight.
Throughout my life I had a lot of strange feelings in the home. I saw the "farmer" a few more times... A lot happened living there. But I guess I can save it for another time. I thank everyone for reading this. Commenting and well wishes to all.
yourghoststories

No comments:

Post a Comment