Friday 24 June 2016

Little Girl In My Dreams

Location: Colorado United States
 From the time I was born to the age of nine, I lived in a small house in Denver, Colorado. My family moved into that house a little before I was born. We still don't know what really happened in that house but my older sister once mentioned to me that a neighbor had once told her that a little girl had died in that house before we moved in. It was obvious that the house was haunted. There were many strange things that occurred in that house, and there are still some things about that house that still puzzle me today. In this story, I will only write about a few things that happened in that house.
One night, while my mother was up waiting for my father to get home from work, she noticed that by looking in the reflection of the television screen, she saw a little girl standing in the hallway. The little girl was too young to be my older sister, and too old to be me. As my mother turned her head to look towards the hallway, the little girl had disappeared. My mother then realized that she had seen a ghost, but she wasn't frightened by her. Later, an uncle from my mother's side of the family had also seen the same little girl, only he saw her kneeling by our couch as if she were praying. The little girl never frightened anyone, and we always felt comfortable in our home.
However, we did have one guest who had a terrifying experience in our home. My father had a nephew who was in town visiting and he was going to stay at our house. My mother felt somewhat uncomfortable about having him stay with us because she had always had a "weird" feeling about him. She felt that he wasn't a very good person. Anyway, my father's nephew complained that a man dresses in black came to him one night as he was sleeping and was trying to strangle him. This shocked my father because he knew the house was haunted but the ghost in the house was harmless. This left my parents very confused.
The most significant experience that I had in that house happened when I was about 8 or 9 years old. I was by myself in the backyard, which was very large. My older sister was watching television in the living room, which was in the very front of the house, so she couldn't see me or hear me. My father had placed a large, heavy metal between the branches of the tree, which was at the very end of our yard. From the metal, he tied a rope so that my brother and I could hang from it. Well, I was all alone playing on this rope when suddenly, I look up and I see that the heavy metal bar was not on the branches of the tree anymore, and it was falling directly over my head! The strange thing was that the bar was falling in slow motion, as if someone was slowly lowering it to the ground to prevent it from hitting me.
After looking at the falling bar for about a second, I moved out of the way and as soon as I moved, the bar hit the ground with a loud thud. I am certain that if I had hit by this heavy bar, I would have been seriously injured or perhaps dead! I told my mother about it and we came to the conclusion that it was the little girl who protected me from this falling bar.
However we are still not sure about what attacked my father's nephew. We don't know if that spirit was trying to scare my father's nephew away because he was a bad person, or if there was another bad spirit in our house that stood away from us because the little girl protected us, but attacked my father's nephew because the little girl didn't protect him. We're not sure.
Anyway, I am now nineteen years old and I do not live in that house anymore. However, ever since I moved from that house, I keep dreaming about it. I always dream about the house being haunted by a little girl and I become very frightened by my dreams because they seem so realistic. A few months ago, I found that the house was for sale, and I decided to go check it out.
As I walked through the house I saw that many things had changed, but a few things were kept the way we had them when we lived there. As a child, I never felt afraid in that house, but this time when I was standing alone in my old bedroom, I felt as if someone was staring at me from all directions. I felt very afraid. I also spoke with some old neighbors who said that ever since my family moved out from that house, no one else has lasted very long in that house.
After this visit, I have been having these frightening dreams about the house more frequently. Does anyone know why this might be?
Source;yourghoststories

No comments:

Post a Comment