Thursday 23 June 2016

Final Goodbye from Grandpa

Location: Arizona United States
I really have enjoyed this site, and has inspired me to write about my experiences. I have many stories, but this one is my favorite. It happened in Phoenix, AZ. I'll give a bit of background first. My grandpa was an amazing man. He was born in 1912 in Grand Junction, Colorado. He met my Grandma there and they were married in 1937.
They moved to Prescott, AZ due to work, and lived there for years. In the mid 40's, then moved to Phoenix, and have remained here since. He was a good man, always followed the rules and was both hated and loved for it. Unfortunately, he was a smoker most of his life (I am too... I know, dumb).
So, as the years went on, his health began to fail. He was diagnosed with emphysema in the late '70s. I was adopted in 1984 by my parents, and was brought to my grandparents house. I was his favorite (being the youngest, and a girl!) He was on oxygen the rest of his life, and I cherish the memories I had with him. He was in and out of the hospital in the late '80s for complications due to his condition. He passed away on September 17th, 1990. Now to the story.
The last time I saw him was the previous evening. We were all visiting him in his hospital room, talking and I'm sure the adults were speaking of things that a 6 year old was unaware of. I was allowed to feed him that night, and he told me "Slow down! You're feeding me too fast!" We eventually went home, and I was sent to bed.
The middle of the night, I was awakened to someone sitting on my bed. I was fully awake and sat up. There, sitting on the edge of my bed was my Grandpa, I remember he looked kind of ethereal, and had a glow about him. He didn't have any oxygen on. I asked him why he was there. He just smiled and patted my head. I felt calm (usually I am terrified when these things happen). I laid back down and went back to sleep.
The next morning, my mother came into my room and told me that Grandpa had died last night at 2:30am. I told her what happened, and she started to cry. I, to this day, am blessed that he chose to say goodbye to me that night. I miss him so much and wish that I'd have known him better.
Thanks for reading my story, and trust me, I have many more to come as I have experienced the paranormal from a very young age. Hope you enjoyed.
Source:yourghoststories

No comments:

Post a Comment