Wednesday 1 June 2016

The Lady In Pink

When I was four, my parents took myself and our little Shitzu, Mickey, to a cabin up north to stay with my aunt and uncle. I didn't particularly care for the cabin, as it was infested with many spiders and beetles. It wasn't clean. It was small. I was fairly high maintenance, even at the age of four.
One night, while the "grown-ups" sat in the living room talking politics and gossiping, I apparently fell asleep. I woke up very early in the morning, possibly just a couple of hours past midnight, to find that I was sharing a very large bed with my Uncle Ed. My aunt wasn't there, but I assumed that I was carried into the room after falling asleep on the couch. However, when I turned my head back towards the clock, I noticed that a very tall woman was standing in the doorway. She was wearing pink pajamas. At first I thought that she might be my aunt so I asked her if she wanted her bed back, but I received no response. Upon closer inspection, I noticed that the woman didn't really look anything like my aunt. Though it was dark, the very outline of this woman's body was drastically different from hers.
I spent another few seconds trying to see who it was. My second guess was that it was my mother. She had similar pajamas, but my mom was also very short- five feet, two inches. I called out to her anyway, but again, no response, and the woman simply stood there. I was only four at the time- I didn't know anything about ghosts. The woman in the doorway vanished.
The next morning, I crawled out of bed with blankie in hand and walked into the kitchen. I asked my mom why she came into my room the night before, but she stated quite passively that she had not. My aunt looked a bit puzzled when I asked her as well. Being that they were the only women in the house, I dropped it.
I never quite figured out what it was.
yourghoststories

No comments:

Post a Comment