Thursday 23 June 2016

The Old Lady

Location: New York United States
This story takes place many years ago, where I was born and raised in Spanish Harlem, in New York City. I was a child of about 4-5 when before me, I saw an old lady or hag, she never said say anything to me, she stared at me in a creepy kind of way. According to an older sister who is now deceased, strange things happened, items would disappear from the kitchen, strange lights were seen on the bedroom ceilings. I told my father about the old lady Isaw, and he asked me if she ever said anything to me, I told him no, she just looks at me. I saw her maybe 3 times.
Now, many years later when an older brother passed away, while at his services, my sister just happened to mention that he had seen the old lady too, But of course, he was gone and I had no chance to discuss it with him, and what he had seen, or if she had said anything to him. As best as I remember her, besides being very old, she was very petite and wore her hair in an old fashioned bun. She was wearing a white apron over a long grey dress, she did not look like anyone I knew, but even at that age, I knew what I was seeing was something strange. I have never fogotten this incident, I am now almost in my 60s, so you can see it had a profound effect on me.
It has also made me have a very open mind about the paranormal and supernatural. The apt. building stands to this day, and last Sept. When I visit my family back East, I make it a point to go passed the building. I look up at the window where my family once lived, and know that I had an encounter with something otherworldly. I have retold this story to the best of my recollection, and it is the truth.
Sincerely, J.Borrano
This is kind of a follow-up; for newbies I will brief: When I was about 5, I saw an "old woman" in the NY Apt. I lived in with my parents. She wore her hair in a bun, and was petite, she never said a word to me, but I knew, even at that age, that she was 'otherworldly'
Through the "wonders" of the internet, I was able to track down the company that manages the building. I called and spoke to the manager, a friendly gent by the name of Tony. I explained my reason for the call, and he was gracious, and told me that "no", he had never heard of any "strange" phenomenon at the building, but that he would keep my phone number, and contact me in the future should anything of this nature come to light. I must admit I was surprised, as I know this apt. had spirits, as well as I believe two other apt.
I have to keep in mind, that the building has undergone renovations over the years, the front of the building looks entirely different from the time my family and I lived there, this building is very old, at least 85 or more.
Now, it seems to me that maybe some people may have, and are hesitant to mention it for fear of being "labeled" Maybe some people had the apt. blessed, or maybe no one has ever "really" seen or experienced anything.
I would appreciate some feedback, as I know my family and I did experience phenomenon. Regards.
Source:yourghoststories

No comments:

Post a Comment